I used to consider myself spontaneous...
I used to consider my slim...
Then I had kids.
This summer our family embarked on a grand adventure to Denmark and it was as if I reclaimed a bit of my old self. Just two short weeks, but oh, so much living.
To sum it up in one word: remarkable.
I'll be posting a bit about our trip here over the next few weeks. If you know (and love) us, this will give you the highlights of our trip. For all other readers... perhaps it will entice you to plan your own trip to this incredibly family-friendly destination. It's definitely a spot worth considering!
1. Legoland - the best amusement park for kiddos in the entire world!
2. European Trains - fast, comfy, oh so easy to use.
3. The incredibly stylish Danish women and their wear-everywhere-all-purpose scarves.
4. Danish soft ice cream and yogurt in milk cartons.
5. Old Castles/New Windmills: Both right at home.
6. An urban environment designed for evening strolls.
7. Biking all over Copenhagen - the cycle tracks, the stop lights just for bikes, the variety of bike options for families, the thousands of people riding with us.
8. The creative and fun public playgrounds.
9. Danish Daddies (gentle, loving, involved fathers --- changing diapers, rocking babies, and soothing toddlers at every turn).
10. The wonderful sense of safety and kindness we experienced while visiting this lovely country. Without a doubt, an international, family-friendly vacation destination that should be considered by passport carrying Mommas.