Directions to the shortest hike (near Detroit Lake)
that has the greatest payoff for each step.
1) Drive through Detroit - on Hwy 22 – heading east.
2) Turn right on to Blowout Rd.
3) Cross bridge, follow road, pass campsites.
4) Travel to the Y in the road at mile marker 130.
5) Stay right.
6) Follow the gravel road a bit further.
7) Turn into the first parking lot on your right.
8) Hike 5 minutes downhill from the trailhead.
This is what you find at the end of this journey.
This is what we did at the end of this journey.
This is what we did not do at the end of this journey.
We hope to take this journey again soon!