1) Drive East of Salem on Hwy 22.
2) Turn Left at Fern Ridge Rd (Just before the "Gingerbread House" restaurant.
3) Travel about a mile up the road.
4) Turn into the small parking lot with the "Shellburg Falls" kiosk. You may see several cars parked along the road, as well.
5) Walk past the gate - through the pasture and up the gravel road. At the bridge (above Lower Shellburg Falls), climb the stairs (labeled Shellburg Falls).
The path is very well marked and maintained. Visitors can walk behind the falls or down to the pond below. Keep going on the trail behind the falls and you'll find yourself in a campground with picnic tables and bathroom facilities/outhouses. Retrace your steps back to the car for a total of 3.5+ miles and a morning of true beauty in Oregon.
Our boys are old enough now that they often hike ahead. I remember when they would dawdle along the path without any concern for speed. Now, I have to holler across the canyon for them to "Wait up!"